Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sentimental Saturday...A Few of my Favorite things!

Today, I am sort of sentimental and thought I would share a few of my favorite things. I hope at the end, that you will share your favorite things on your blogs. I got this idea from
http://circlecliffviews.blogspot.com


My most favorite thing! My best friend of 20 years:






He has been my rock and support! He is an excellent cook. He cooks more than I do! He always makes me laugh. He goes to the gym with me! He has always encouraged me to try new things and I always appreciate his honest opinion.


My 3 girls:



All 3 of my girls, are talented, smart, and very different. My oldest is very organized, a leader, and very talented with scrapbooking and crafts. She used to play the flute. She is very laid back, and is a jeans and pony tail girl! She has beautiful penmanship.



My next daughter, is a talented cheerleader and dancer! She is a 4.0 student, and loves to read! (Thank-you Mr. Case, her 4th grade teacher). C is honest and straight forward. She gets that from her dad. She plays first violin in the 8th grade orchestra and loves to write stories.



My youngest, the ballerina. She is starting to like reading, after many years of making her:) She is an excellent swimmer and diver! M is good at school and has made the honor roll 2 quarters in a row. She is very emotional, and sensitive to others' needs. (She gets that from her mom). She is a friend to everyone!


I love Disneyland! It truly is the happiest place on Earth.




Where else can you be goofy and unwind with your favorite people in the world?


Lake Powell my paradise in the desert!





I love the down time I get at Lake Powell. I usually just sit and read a book! Here my 3 girls sitting in the sun! When we go to the lake, we ski, explore, and fish. (see previous posts)



I love the desert in the spring!







When I moved to the desert from the Northwest 5 years ago, I thought it would be sandy, brown, and filled with cactus! Well there are cactus, but year round the desert is beautiful. My favorite time is in the spring, when the whole desert is in bloom with wild flowers. I also love the sunsets in the desert!



I love the smell of campfire, I love sitting around the campfire relaxing and staying warm. Smores aren't to bad either.




I love Sonic diet coke with lime!









3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by today!!! And for letting me know you were missing from my sidebar (i knew i'd forgotten someone). You too were my first sits friend and I so enjoy keeping up with all you have going on.

Love this post! I may have to join in and post some of my favorite things, but it"ll have to wait until i can type again with both hands. i hurt my arm on friday (a post of it's own) and can hardly move it.

Hope you are having a great Saturday and I'm adding you back to my blogroll right now =)

Brent and Jessica said...

That is such a great post! Like you I love DisneyLand. It was great to talk with you last night.

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for the visit...love your favorite thing..very wonderful! We love a lot of the same things..only mine is my family LOL Thanks for sharing and come say hi any time! :D