Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Will I get the MOM of the YEAR AWARD??




Last Friday, we went quading with Noelle and Steve and their family. It was fun to hang out and ride the quads and watch the children ride the quads. We also roasted hot-dogs in the desert. Little R (my nephew) looked so cute on his quad with his helmet. He was oblivious to any danger and would follow the older children up and down the trails. Infact, when it was time to get ready to load the quads, we noticed that little R, who is 4, had ridden off into the sunset all by himself. We found him a few moments after we realized he was missing, but it was a little scary to think that darkness was only moments away, and the Arizona desert gets really cold fast!
We started a fire and the children on their quads, decided to ride back and forth through the flames!! (With a little encouragement from Uncle Steve and Mike) I wondered if this was safe, but I was soon out voted as the children continued to ride through the fire! Little R would stop and look at the flames, to see if his tires were catching on fire. I am sure that people consider flame jumping dangerous on motorcycles, but these kids rode back and forth right over the fire. The only one a little nervous was C. It was kind of funny! My nephew H would reve up the quad just as he would ride over the flames, and the flames would jump a little, and would increase in size. Finally the flames died, and so did the fun, as it was time to load the quads to go home. (Moments later is when we realize little R had driven off into the sunset)

6 comments:

TisforTonya said...

Glad R hadn't gone too far! scary!!! Riding over the flames doesn't sound like fun to me, but then again I'm a neurotic mother and I'm sure Mike would have made fun of me for thinking it was anything but thrilling :)

Janalee Hubbard said...

Those look like fun! I would've been nervous about the fire too, but I'm sure the kids will never ever forget it! I can't imagine playing outside in January like that! A little jealous . . . .

Bethany said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds fun but a little scary also. I, too, am extremely jealous of your January weather. No way can we play outside here this month :(

Susan said...

My first thought was, "What is quading?" (Down here in the south we call it 4wheelin'). My second thought was "seriously, over fire". I'd be a basket case! Although, I've never driven a 4 wheeler (quad), only rode with my hubby - I'm not a big fan. What am I gonna do when my little man decides he wants to start riding one? Glad everyone stayed safe and had fun!

jessica said...

Okay for some reason my google reader wasn't working and telling me when you posted...grrr...

Looks like you have some thrill seekers on your hands. They definitely have Mike's blood running through their veins.

Okay and the post where you mentioned Tiffany leaving in few years totally freaked me out! How is she already fifteen!

Tiffany said...

Count me in as also jealous of your January weather.